Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Song of the Day: Bruno Mars- "The Lazy Song"


Yes yes yes I know this song is ancient by Top 40 standards.  I just needed to post this video before it got any older.  If you haven't watched this yet, it's a must-watch, which most music videos these days are decidedly not.  Bruno and his monkey bros look like they had so much fun shooting this video.  It also could have plausibly been shot in one take, and I'm certain they did a hefty amount of improvising, yet it's been viewed 165 million times on YouTube, which means they got some serious bang for their buck.  You just can't watch this video and not smile, and probably laugh out loud a few times.  The song's great, too, unlike most other Bruno Mars songs.  In all just the total package and a complete pleasant surprise.  Certainly in contention for Best Music Video of the Year, which I guess is an award I'll have to hand out this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment