Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Song of the Day: Black Eyed Peas- "Don't Stop the Party"


I had some other songs lined up for today's Song of the Day, but then I came across this track, the third single off BEP's most recent album, The Beginning, and I simply had to change my plans around.  Is it just me or is this their best song since at least 2006?  It's certainly the first time I've actually sought out and chosen to listen to a Black Eyed Peas song in at least that long.  However, the Peas clearly don't see this song as a gem in the same way I do, considering Will.i.am had to read the lyrics for his verse off his cell phone while performing recently in France.  What a disgrace.  However, I think they could top the charts with this one.  Which of course means it will never be released as a single in the US.  Oh well.  Go ahead and enjoy it, and enjoy the video, which shows just how global the Black Eyed Peas are these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment