Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Song Of The Day: Lloyd feat. Andre 3000- "Dedication To My Ex"



I was scouring the iTunes charts today when I found this gem.  What an amazing song and video.  No surprise that it hasn't been heavily publicized, but it's seriously in the running for the most creative and hilarious video I've seen all year.  Some highlights:

-The girl in the all black is a stone-cold stunner.
-The grinning white guitarist is a fantastic addition, perfectly in keeping with the idea that if you put this song on mute, it could be from 1962.  And is that the girl from NCIS in the background?
-The girl making out with Lloyd in the back of a Mini is a nice touch. Not too many urban hits these days feature Minis.
-That's the smoothest "I'm about to kill this bitch" you'll ever hear.
-Andre 3000 as a real-life pussycat?  Genius.  I wonder if they couldn't get him to appear in the video, or if they just wanted him to be a cat? 

And if you have a working brain, you should appreciate the '60s soul sound and video juxtaposed with the almost impossibly explicit lyrics.  It reminds me of "F**k You" by Cee-Lo, but I was worried that without a clean version, this perfect old-school R&B song would never hear the light of day (or, the light of radio play, whatever).  But that's when I found the clean version.  Expect to hear this one all over pretty soon, because it's just too great to not be a huge hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment