Monday, October 10, 2011

Song Of The Day: Hot Chelle Rae feat. New Boyz- "I Like It Like That"


At this point, it's safe to say Hot Chelle Rae has a "sound."  On their first single, "Tonight Tonight," it was just good, clean, catchy fun- pulsating bass synths, midtempo rhythms, all in all a perfect car song.  This one, however, despite using the same ingredients as "Tonight," comes off as contrived, and even a bit grating.  Their ultra-poppy sound and lets-get-wasted lyrics wore thin on me remarkably quickly.  And the cameo from New Boyz is incredibly forced.  I do have to give props to their agent, though- I thought they were an absolute one-hit wonder after "You're A Jerk;" boy, was I wrong.  We'll just have to wait and see how long Hot Chelle Rae can extend their run of popularity.

No comments:

Post a Comment