Friday, October 14, 2011

Song Of The Day: Jason DeRulo- "It Girl"


I've been putting off making this the Song Of The Day because it's so straightforward and not at all special.  Like a total 6/10.  Hard to write much about a song like that, even if it's climbing the charts and becoming too relevant to ignore.  Only noteworthy thing here is that Jason seems to be backing off the AutoTune a bit and letting his natural voice come through.  This mirrors the general trend in the music industry- we are slowly easing out of the AutoTune era.  As much as I kind of got sick of AutoTune, I'll never completely tire of it.  It got overused, and it was never going to be more than a passing fad.  But it was a glorious era while it lasted- not too many production touches make me go "Yes, I want more of that."  And boy did I get more of "that."  But enough is enough.  So long, AutoTune.  I'll be eagerly awaiting the next craze.

No comments:

Post a Comment