Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Eight Hot New Dance Jams You Need To Hear Right Now

Another month, another batch of eargasmic bangers that you need to get acquainted with immediately.  You won't regret it.

M83- "Midnight City"

OK this is more of an electronic jam than a true dance jam, but it's still one of those songs you can just put on repeat and tap your toes to until you get a leg cramp.  That's a pretty poor analogy but I don't really care.

Cahill feat. Joel Edwards- "In Case I Fall"

It starts out kind of slow, but then it picks up and you can't put it down.  Er, well, maybe that analogy is kind of dated since we don't listen to physical copies of music anymore, but just imagine, I guess.

Kaskade feat. Mindy Gledhill- "Eyes"

Nobody does epic arena house better than Kaskade right now.  Which probably explains why he headlined Identity Festival this past summer.  On a related note, I wonder if I can get a press pass and attend one of those big-time dance festivals for free this summer.  LOL.


Above & Beyond feat. Gareth Emery- "On A Good Day"

This one doesn't ever wind up hitting quite as hard as some of the other ones I've posted, but it's just as high-quality.  Captivating vocals, but I couldn't figure out who the singer is though.  Whatever, all vocalists on dance tracks are clearly interchangeable.


Avicii- "Swede Dreams"

As I said last month, no dance playlist is complete without my main man Avicii.  This one's a little older, but somehow I'd never heard it until this month.  But it's an instant classic, thanks to its liberal use of one of the greatest electropop songs of all time.


Goodwill & Hook N' Sling- "Take You Higher"

Boy does this one take forever to get going, but boy does it reward you for your patience.  I'm surprised "club mixes" still exist in this era of instant gratification, though.  Radio edits just get to the point so much quicker.  if you appreciate buildup, though, sometimes you have to go with the club mix.


Example- "Won't Go Quietly"

This ultra-British-sounding act doesn't mess around with buildup.  This is really more like hip-pop/dance, just like every other song we've been hearing in the States the last year or so, but because it's British, it's inherently better.  Listen to it and try to disagree.


Eric Prydz- "2Night"

Finally, the creator of the greatest progressive house jam in the last decade is out with some quality new material.  This is a certified jam, but it again raises the issue of radio edit vs. club mix.  This one I don't like quite as much as "Pjanoo," so I think I have to stick with the radio edit.  I guess that's just what it comes down to- 4 star songs get the radio edit, while 5 star songs get the club mix.  But either way, I get to rage to epic dance jams, so it's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment