Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Song Of The Day: Maroon 5- "One More Night"


I want to like this so much.  I really do.  It could be so catchy, and some people will probably think it is. But to me it feels just a little too gimmicky and spare.  I kept waiting for the full Maroon 5 wall of sound to engulf me, but it never came.  I love Maroon 5, and I hope their new album (dropping next Tuesday!) will live up to the last one, because Hands All Over was fantastic, one of the best albums of the year.  But I'm starting to lose a little hope in Overexposed, because the first two singles have not lived up the last album, or any first two singles of any major Maroon 5 album this far.  So my most-anticipated release of the year has now been downgraded from "Can't wait to listen to the whole thing" to "I hope I can sit through the whole thing."  Not a huge downgrade, but a very disappointing one.  But I'll come back to this song again in a day or two, and maybe it will have grown on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment