Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Night Throwback Jam Of The Week: Lil Scrappy feat. Lil Jon- "Gangsta Gangsta"


In honor of this being our 100th post, and in honor of me getting my second feature article on cherryontop.com, I present to you quite possibly my favorite Throwback Jam of all time.

If you read this blog closely, you'll notice I just linked to this song a couple of days ago.  Well, today it gets a post of its own.  If you ever need a workout song, you really can't get do better than this.  I can't think of another song where a rapper gives us so many examples of how he's a gangsta.  My favorite, though, has to be "I hit the mall by myself, the hood by myself, when I'm in LA I rock the khakis with the belt...I'm so gangsta I eat cereal without the milk."  How do ANY of those things make you gangsta?  Whatever.  This song goes hard.  And the video, of course, makes it even better.  When he makes the police car explode right in front of the astonished skaters, I stood up and applauded.  Anyway, if you don't jam out to this song this weekend, you're a scrub.  End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment