Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Song Of The Day: Gym Class Heroes feat. Neon Hitch- "Ass Back Home"


You want brand new?  Here at CMN, we give you BRAND NEW.  This video is still unsearchable on YouTube, but I've got it for you here.  It's only cause I'm a technical wizard, obviously. 

Anyway, this is the newest single from Gym Class Heroes, and this video, like the vid from their last single "Stereo Hearts," features a couple mostly only shown from the shoulders down.  I guess they want us to believe we could all be a stand-in for them?  Except they show the guy's face a few times in this one, which sort of defeats the purpose for me.  Maybe the girl was just butt-ugly and they didn't want to show her face, I don't know.  But the song is sweet- like, in a sugary-sweet cutesy type of way.  I love the singer on the chorus, though.  Her name is Neon Hitch and she had previously only done uncredited background vocals, so this is a big break for her.  I hope to hear more of her in the future!

*Actually, as I watch the "Stereo Hearts" video, I think it might actually be the SAME couple in both videos?  Why is this not explained?  Am I the first one to even pick up on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment