Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Seven New Dance Jams You Need To Hear ASAP


Well, it's the middle of the month, which is normally the time I give you whatever epic dance jams have been blowing up my speakers lately, so here's seven more for your ears!  As always, listen to these on good speakers if you want the full experience...

Nero- "Promises"

While this is a wildly awesome futuristic electro/dubstep jam, I have to ask what Nero was trying to do with this video.  You can't just put a bunch of people in futuristic outfits and have them vaguely attempt to rebel against "the man," but have no discernible plot.  Well, actually, you can, because they did...but you shouldn't!  Either way just listen to the song and you'll be happier.


Dillon Francis- "I.D.G.A.F.O.S."

This song is apparently a prime example of a new type of sub-electro called "moombahton," which was, according to its Wikipedia page, invented at a high school homecoming party.  Tells you all you need to know about music these days.  But more importantly, this crunchy video-game music is actually pretty hot, and definitely danceable, so get down to it!  Also, bonus points if you can guess what the letters stand for (answer at bottom of page).

Gemini- "Blue"

I already featured this once, when I was discussing better dubstep alternatives to Skrillex.  But it's so good it deserves mention here, too, as an example of how good dubstep can be if done right.  And it might be featured in the new North Face commercial, but I'm awaiting verification on that.


Bellatrax feat. Sophia May- "Find My Way Back Home"

These two are responsible for one of the best dance tracks of the last decade (in my opinion), "I Can't Help Myself," so I was justifiably excited for their next release.  It certainly didn't disappoint, although it does blatantly rip the lyrics from The Clash's "Should I Stay Or Should I Go."  Nevertheless, this is absolutely worth repeated listens.

Kaskade- Turn It Down (Le Castle Vania Remix)

This song's been out for a while, but this particular remix is an absolute must-listen.  It combines the classic Kaskade trance banger feel with an impossibly catchy beat drop.  Easily one of my favorite tracks of the whole year.

Radio Killer- "Don't Let The Music End"

Seriously another epic banger.  I only heard this for the first time the other day, and it was as I watched this video.  When it got to the chorus, I wanted to join them in that room and rage alongside them.  And when they broke out the paint, I just gave in, turned it all the way up, and pretended I was there.  What's weird is how much Romanian music is hitting the dance charts recently- what are they putting in the water over there?  Probably ecstasy, actually.  Easy answer.


 David Guetta vs. Kaskade- "All You Paris"

 This is a kind of weird mashup of high-profile artists that nobody seems to know about.  The thing with Guetta is, if you don't turn his stuff all the way up, it sounds kind of cheap and boring.  So, uh, turn this one way up.  Obviously.  Then you'll be blown away by the trance of Kaskade and the ferocious Guetta beat it's mashed up with. 

*"I.D.G.A.F.O.S."= "I Don't Give A Fuck Or Shit." How much better did that song just get...

No comments:

Post a Comment