Thursday, November 10, 2011

Song Of The Day: The Band Perry- "All Your Life"


Latest single from their debut album, which was released over a year ago.  Somehow the song is just now picking up.  Must have just been released on country radio.

Anyway, I love this song.  It's got truly top-notch melody, vocals, and harmony.  I also enjoy the instrumentation, but since their first single, "If I Die Young," got the pop-mix treatment, I would say this one is in line to receive the same.  I certainly wouldn't have any complaints if it did; it's not like I'm a country purist or anything.  Ha. 

I do have a minor complaint, though, about this video.  I don't know about you, but I like my country videos to be timeless and traditional slices of Americana, and The Band Perry seem to be going for more of a folk-revivalist hipster thing, what with their hairstyles, clothes, and the general theme of the video (a covered wagon?  Do they not even have steam engines where they're from?)  So I can't say I like the way the video's "alt" image contradicts the band's relatively straightforward contemporary-country sound.  But the song is all good, so just, uh, close your eyes and enjoy.  Except don't close your eyes, cause then you'll miss out on lovely lead singer...the female Perry, whoever she is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment