Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Song Of The Day: David Guetta feat. Usher- "Without You"


And I promise this is the LAST David Guetta song I'll feature for a good while.  But after I featured two or three other songs from his latest album, Nothing But The Beat, and this one turns out to be the one to chart the highest, I felt obligated to feature it as well.

I always feel like there's something missing from David Guetta's songs.  He does a consistently better job than just about anyone of building up the beat-drop, and of making songs stick in your head.  And he has access to the most top-level talent of any DJ on the planet.  But when that beat actually drops, when it actually reaches its biggest point, it tends to be a letdown.  His beats almost never hit as hard as I'd like them to.  For instance, this song.  "Without You" is easily one of the better songs out there right now, but it could be better if the beat came in harder, had more elements, and lasted longer.  But I'll cut Guetta some slack.  Not everyone can be Eric Prydz.

PS- Anyone else think David Guetta looks a tiny bit like Jay from "The Inbetweeners?"

No comments:

Post a Comment