Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Song Of The Day: Jason Mraz- "I Won't Give Up"


Happy 2012!  The last time we heard from Jason Mraz, he was breaking us out of our winter doldrums with a healthy dose of ukelele in "I'm Yours."  Now, in the dead of winter, he's decided to break out the old acoustic guitar and give us a similar type of tune.  "I Won't Give Up" starts about as simply as a song can start (just a voice and a couple guitar plucks), then begins to pick up as Mraz adds more and more emotion to his vocals.  The result is a more powerful, but less positive and less catchy song than his previous midwinter smash "I'm Yours."  However, if the early sales are any indication, this will be hitting the same spots on the chart as that did, so clearly the man knows what he's doing.

By the way, how 'bout this "lyric video," huh?  Dunno if I've ever seen a supposed lyric video as detailed and plot-laden as this one.  It's hard to read the lyrics when you're trying to follow the story!  I wonder if they'll even bother making as music video after putting so much effort into the lyric video.

No comments:

Post a Comment