Thursday, September 22, 2011

Song Of The Day: Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris- "We Found Love"


NEW RIHANNA SONG HERE!!! (Click "Open in New Tab" so you can read what I wrote)!!!

No idea if this link will continue to work, but it does right now, so: mission accomplished.  If/when she puts up the official audio on YouTube, I'll embed that instead.

Obviously this is a big day here at CMN.  A new Rihanna album is roughly a once-a-year event, and the first single is a huge, huge moment.  And it came as a complete surprise to me too; I had no idea Rihanna was working on new material, then I opened the iTunes Store today and boom!  A new Rihanna track, featuring Calvin Harris, staring me in the face!  And promises for a new album to be released November 21!  I couldn't click play fast enough.

My thoughts: this is a very, very good song.  It's pretty hard to go wrong with Rihanna and Calvin Harris.  However, last year's "Only Girl" hit me like a ton of bricks the first time I hear it.  I haven't warmed up to this one quite as quickly.  The beat's a little sparse, and the melody's a little repetitive.  Also, it's more of a pure house track, not as much a pop song, although "Pop" is what it's labeled.  However, like I said, it's very good, very catchy, and it WILL hit #1, and be a club jam in the upcoming months.  As long as Rihanna keeps making songs like this, I'm all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment