Monday, August 29, 2011

Song Of The Day: Young The Giant- "My Body"


With the VMA's last night, Lil Wayne and the Red Hot Chili Peppers dropping new albums today, and the four-day layoff since I last posted a SOTD, I had a lot of material to choose from.  But these guys forced my hand after their captivating performance at the VMA's last night.  Props to MTV for realizing how good they would look and sound on national TV, even though they were a relative unknown coming into the night.  I certainly had never heard of Young The Giant (questionable name BTW) before, but they won me over, and their gimmick of bringing 250 of their original fans from back home in California was a great idea.  Now this song is rocketing up the charts, and it looks like they're getting their proverbial big break.  I guess I might as well jump on the bandwagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment